“Love should come naturally as people are taught to hate. Even when it’s hate from the POTUS,” Wallace, the only Black full-time driver on NASCAR’s top circuit, tweeted.
Bubba Wallace called out “hate from the POTUS” on Monday after President Donald Trump falsely claimed that an earlier incident involving a noose found in the NASCAR driver’s stall was a “hoax” and demanded that he apologize.
“Love should come naturally as people are taught to hate. Even when it’s hate from the POTUS,” Wallace, the only Black full-time driver on NASCAR’s top circuit, tweeted Monday.
After Wallace successfully led efforts to have the Confederate flag banned at all NASCAR events, the rope was discovered in his garage stall at Talladega Superspeedway in Alabama in June.
The FBI later determined that the noose had been in the garage since at least October, months before Wallace occupied it, and that the driver was not the target of a hate crime.
But investigators did not classify the incident as a hoax, nor did they indicate that Wallace was involved in any way.
Wallace told CNN’s Don Lemon following the investigation that he was not the one who had reported the noose — and in fact he hadn’t seen it himself — but was alerted to its discovery by NASCAR President Steve Phelps.
NASCAR officials said they launched an investigation into the garage door pull rope being “fashioned like a noose” prior to informing Wallace of its discovery.
Wallace maintained that the intention behind the tying of the rope was clear, whether or not the noose was targeted at him specifically.
“I’ve been racing all my life. We’ve raced out of hundreds of garages that never had garage pulls like that,” he told CNN. “Whether tied in 2019 or whenever, it was a noose. It wasn’t directed at me, but somebody tied a noose. It was— It is a noose.”
At the White House press briefing Monday, press secretary Kayleigh McEnany falsely claimed that Wallace hadn’t acknowledged that the incident was not determined to be a hate crime.
She did not answer questions as to why Wallace should apologize for a hate crime investigation he did not initiate.
The press secretary also made a reference to actor Jussie Smollett, who was charged with filing a false police report claiming he had been beaten in January 2019 by two men who yelled MAGA chants.
McEnany said Trump was not “making a judgment one way or another” in regards to NASCAR banning the Confederate flag. She accused a reporter of “focusing on one word at the very bottom of a tweet” and “completely taking it out of context.”
In a statement Monday, NASCAR commended Wallace’s “courage and leadership” and vowed continued support for the driver.
Boxing needs standard selection practices: Ashish Shelar | Boxing News
However, Nikhat’s request for a trial bout for the Olympic qualifiers in Jordan was heeded, and Mary Kom reigned supreme after handing the 24-year-old a 9-1 defeat.
Done and dusted but the ugly face-off could have been handed in a better way, feels Ashish Shelar, the contender to the BFI president’s post in the upcoming February 3 polls. In an interview with TOI, Shelar spells out his priorities if he wins the polls.
What will be your first priority if you get elected?
My first priority will obviously be to ensure that the boxers heading for the Tokyo Olympics are in the best frame of mind and health and also get our whole-hearted support and encouragement. Another top priority is the preparation and planning for the 2024 and 2028 Olympics. We need to unearth more Vijender Singh’s and Mary Koms. As a National Sports Federation (NSF) our strategies should revolve around the youth, because they are the future. It is also in line with the vision envisaged by our Prime Minister Narendra Modi and I intend to replicate that in boxing.
How do you plan to resolve the infighting among boxers, for eg, the Mary Kom vs Nikhat Zareen tussle?
It may sound like a very diplomatic answer, but trust me when I say that both of them were right in their own way. The fault actually lay in the fact that there were no set systems in place. During my numerous interactions with Mr Kowli, he often used to get frustrated about his failed attempts to implement standard selection practices in place for National camps. For example, if Rohit Sharma is dropped from the Indian team after a series of poor performances, the only route available for him to make a comeback is by performing in the domestic tournaments like the Ranji Trophy. It is a standard procedure that everybody associated with the sport follows, and leaves very little room for such personality clashes. There was a case of a doctor from Rohtak, who was not registered with BFI, allowed to go on multiple international tours bypassing BFI’s own Medical Commission. So who will you blame? The doctor or the arbitrary decisions?
I n the last four years, Indian boxers have performed exceedingly well, at all levels. Your take?
It has been a combination of factors. The boxers have led from the front putting in their heart and soul, to become world beaters. They could do it because they were provided fantastic facilities, financial benefits and international exposure. Here the credit goes to the Ministry of Youth and Sports, Sports Authority of India along with the Indian Olympic Association for creating a robust platform for our boxers to launch themselves in the international circuit. The Boxing Federation of India, also can bask in that glory, for maximising the potential of the existing talent pool.
In most sports federations, politicians double up as administrators, resulting in athletes being treated as second class citizens, how do you plan to change that?
We can co-exist, like in the BCCI. Politicians can play an effective role in administration by getting financial assistance and clearing bureaucratic hurdles while athletes can handle the technical aspects of sport like selection, unearthing talent etc. I put it into practice when I was president of the Mumbai Cricket Association and also when I was the chairman of the Mumbai District Football Association. I plan to carry that same philosophy into boxing as well.
Jay Kowli, the incumbent BFI secy is backing you but till now he was comfortable working under Mr Ajay Singh, how do you plan to clean up the mess within?
I am not the right person to speak about Mr. Kowli’s comfort levels with Mr. Ajay Singh. Now about cleaning up the mess, well we have to get to the root of it and understand how and why it happens. It usually happens when robust systems are not in place. Or when there is no decentralization and the power rests with just one or two individuals. Again, I would like to point out the BCCI example. Look how they have empowered the state units. It is the clubs and states that own the stadiums and they have ended up creating their own infrastructure.
If we look at boxing, BFI does not even have its own office. The Big Bout, I am told, had one of the highest viewer ratings, even more than kabaddi, but did it help the state units? The answer is no. So, the objective is very simple: empower the state units, your own members.
Will a change in the administrative front affect the preparation for the Olympics, which is hardly 4-5 months from now?
The boxers have done all the hard work and are ready for the Olympics so an administrative change at this time should not be a bother. Let me assure you, the change when it happens will be for the good of boxing.
You have been a sports administrator before, how do you plan to use that to your advantage?
My experience in politics and sports administration has taught me that people’s voices, especially within your own party or association should not be ignored. I am a patient listener and it has helped me immensely to get to the root of the problem and solve it.
Any message to the rival faction
Rival is a strong word. Sport teaches us that once we step out of the ring or cross the boundary line, we are friends. The elections are no different, we fight against one another but once the results are out all of us have to come together to work for the greater good of the sport.
Ozil moves from Arsenal to Fenerbahce | Football News
Fenerbahce declared their intention to sign Ozil last week after he fell out of favour at Arsenal and was not included in their Premier League or Europa League squads this season.
World Cup-winner Ozil, whose Arsenal contract was set to expire at the end of this campaign, was among the highest-paid players at the London club but had not featured since March.
Signed in 2013 for a then-club record fee of about 42 million pounds ($57.47 million) from Real Madrid, Ozil played a crucial role under Arsene Wenger in ending Arsenal’s trophy drought, winning the FA Cup in his first season.
“Being with Arsenal for so long has meant I’ve experienced a big mix of ups and downs. Over 250 games, 44 goals and 71 assists later, it’s time that Arsenal and I finally part ways,” Ozil said in a statement on Twitter.
Thank you, Gunners! ❤️ #YaGunnersYa https://t.co/lkVI2qHC6X
— Mesut Özil (@MesutOzil1088) 1611497700000
“Together, we ended the club’s nine-year trophy drought and brought long needed silverware back to the fans who deserved it.”
Ozil, 32, was marginalised under Wenger’s replacement Unai Emery and by Arteta, who said the player’s omission from the squad this season was for “football reasons”.
Thank you, @MesutOzil1088 ❤️
— Arsenal (@Arsenal) 1611496857000
“The past few months haven’t been the easiest. Like every player, I want to play every minute of football for my team. In life, however, things do not always play out how we expect or want them to,” the midfielder added.
Technical director Edu thanked Ozil for his contributions to the club, which included three FA Cup triumphs, and for his professionalism in negotiating the transfer while manager Mikel Arteta said it was a “privilege” to play with and coach him.
“Mesut was at the heart of many great moments for this club over the years, including those three FA Cup final wins,” Arteta said. “These successes will always be part of our history. We thank Mesut and wish him all the best with Fenerbahce.”
Ashwin wishes to reach out to Indian fan who faced alleged abuse by security guard at SCG | Cricket News
On Tuesday, India had won the Border-Gavaskar Trophy series 2-1. For the first time in 32 years, Australia was defeated at the Gabba, Brisbane.
Taking to Twitter Ashwin replied on Wide World of Sports tweet and wrote, “How can I reach you Krishna kumar?? Well done.”
How can I reach you Krishna kumar?? Well done 👏 https://t.co/5dIbb9MM0n
— Ashwin 🇮🇳 (@ashwinravi99) 1611459769000
The operators of the SCG have already launched an investigation into claims by an Indian cricket supporter who was told by the security officer to “go back to where you belong”.
According to a report in The Sydney Morning Herald, Krishna Kumar, who lives in Sydney, was accompanied by a solicitor as he met Venues NSW legal personnel to lodge an official complaint, telling them he felt “stripped and naked” by the treatment on the fifth and final day of the match.
Kumar further alleged a group of spectators called him and members of the Indian team “curry munchers” on Saturday the third day of the match 24 hours before six men were ejected by police when Mohammed Siraj stopped play and complained to umpires.
Cricket Australia is continuing an investigation into reports by the Indian team that fast bowlers Siraj and Jasprit Bumrah were subject to racial taunts by crowd members in Sydney. The Indian supporter Kumar, who attended three days of the third Test, has told Venues NSW that he was targeted after attempting to bring four banners into the ground on the final day of the Pink Test.
Written on paper roll, they said: “Rivalry is good, racism is not”, “No racism mate”, “Brown inclusion matters” and “Cricket Australia more diversity please”.
“He told me, ‘If you need to address this matter, go back to where you belong. It was a very small banner. I made it out of my kids’ paper roll,” Krishna Kumar mentioned.
Kumar left to return the banners to his car, he said the same official then told more junior guards to “make sure we give him a complete frisking when he gets back”.
“To me, this is a pure case of profiling. They changed their entire formation so the guy next to the boundary is standing right in front of me and facing me,” he had said.
“I’m not looking for compensation, I’m not looking for free tickets, I’m not looking for a membership. I want justice. I want accountability. I was feeling stripped, feeling watched and I went there to fight racism. Why should I be stopped from addressing racism, especially at a ground where it was debatable whether it was happening or not?” Kumar had said.
A Venue NSW had said it was “aware of the matter and has met with the complainant”.
“We are investigating the complainant’s allegations and we’ll make no further comment until our investigation is complete,” a spokesperson had said.
LifeStyle3 months ago
Sudoku 5,019 easy
Technology3 years ago
Group of people at the gym exercising on the xtrainer machines
Uncategorized3 years ago
8 Magazine Blog News Premium WordPress Themes
Uncategorized3 years ago
Unlimited images with drag and drop for every post added
Uncategorized3 years ago
The Secrets of Successful Photography Blogging
Uncategorized3 years ago
Close-up of a green turtle underwater on a coral
Uncategorized3 years ago
Delicious vegetarian pizza with arugula on wooden table
Uncategorized3 years ago
Undo – Premium WordPress News / Magazine Theme