Connect with us

Sports

Ronaldo denies breaking virus protocol after Italy return | Football News

Published

on

ROME: Cristiano Ronaldo shot back at Italy’s sports minister on Friday by denying that he broke the coronavirus protocol adopted for the country’s football after returning from international duty while positive for the disease.
On Thursday Minister of Sport Vincenzo Spadafora said that Portugal captain Ronaldo had broken protocol after he left isolation with his club Juventus to join up with his national team and then returned to Italy following his positive test.
He is currently quarantined at his home in Turin after travelling from Portugal in an air ambulance.
“I never broke the protocol,” Ronaldo said during an interview on Instagram, adding that he travelled after gaining authorisation to do so and had avoided contact with other people.
“Someone, whose name I’m won’t say, here in Italy … says that I didn’t respect the protocol, that is simply a lie.
“I am continuing my quarantine, I am alone, my family is on another floor, we can’t be in contact and it will be like that at least for the next 10 days.”
Local health authorities in the Piedmont region said that prosecutors had been informed of the departure of Ronaldo and other Juve players to join their respective national teams while the Italian champions were in isolation following two Covid-19 cases among the team’s non-playing staff.
Juventus said on Thursday that Ronaldo, who claims to not have the “slightest symptom”, returned to Italy in a “medical flight authorised by the competent health authorities”.
The entire Juve team were back in isolation on Wednesday evening after US midfielder Weston McKennie tested positive.
Both McKennie and Ronaldo are in quarantine and must test negative before rejoining their teammates.
Under UEFA rules a player must provide evidence that he is no longer sick a week before a European match.
Ronaldo, who will miss Juve’s Serie A match with Crotone and their Champions League opener against Dynamo Kiev on October 20, must test negative on October 21 to play against Barcelona and old foe Lionel Messi a week later.


Source link

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Sports

Sunrisers Hyderabad 137/1 in 11.4 Overs | IPL 2020 Live Score, SRH vs DC: Wriddhiman Saha slams fifty after David Warner departure

Published

on

By

11.5 overs

4Sunrisers Hyderabad- 141/1

Axar Patel to Wriddhiman Saha, FOUR! Excellent from Saha! He is toying with the Delhi bowling. Short around off, Saha punches it away to the left of sweeper cover. Rabada there gives it a chase and puts a dive but his effort is not enough to save it from going to the fence. 


Source link

Continue Reading

Sports

Sunrisers Hyderabad 96/0 in 8.1 Overs | IPL 2020 Live Score, SRH vs DC: David Warner, Wriddhiman Saha off to flying start

Published

on

By

5.6 overs

4Sunrisers Hyderabad- 77/0

Kagiso Rabada to David Warner, FOUR! DEFT! This is Hyderabad’s best Powerplay this season! No Bairstow, no problem! Good length ball around off, Warner waits for it and places it fine and away from third man for a boundary. 22 off the final over of the Powerplay. Hyderabad are 77/0!


Source link

Continue Reading

Sports

Mitchell Johnson opens up on his battle with depression since retirement | Cricket News

Published

on

By

MELBOURNE (Australia): Former Australia pacer Mitchell Johnson has opened up on his battle with depression after retiring from professional cricket.
Johnson revealed that he has had mental health issues while playing as well, but his battle got tougher once he retired from international cricket.
“I’ve found it tougher since retiring from cricket. All of a sudden, you’re not doing as much. You sort of lose your purpose a little bit. I struggle with, probably, confidence at times. I’m in that transition now where I’ve been out of playing cricket for about two years,” Johnson told Channel 7’s SAS Australia.
The former Australian pacer had retired from professional cricket in 2018. The pacer finished his international career with 313 wickets in 73 Test matches.
He was also a part of the World Cup-winning squad in 2015.
“I found out I’ve got depression … but I think the depression was something I’ve had even from a younger age. It [cricket] sort of blocked things out in a way. It sort of hid the depression, but there were a lot of times where you would go back to your room, you’re away from family and you start to dwell on things,” said Johnson.
“Through my cricket career, I actually just dealt with it [depression]. It’s just about me now actually moving forward and taking it upon myself to be active with certain things, to keep my mind going,” he added.
The pacer also said that he found the going tough during international tours and he even admitted that during the 2011 Ashes tour, he was not enjoying cricket that much.
“You have your moments where you struggle with it really bad and it can be tricky when you’ve got a lot of time to think about things. You’ve just got no control whatsoever and your mind starts playing those tricks on you, you start thinking of the worst,” said Johnson.
Johnson is remembered for his heroics during the 2013-14 Ashes series, where he bowled with lethal pace and England batsmen were left searching for answers. In the five-match Test series, he finished with 37 wickets at an average of 13.97.


Source link

Continue Reading

Breaking News

Shares