Connect with us

Technology

Microsoft confirms price and launch date for Xbox Series X | Games

Published

on

Microsoft has confirmed that its Xbox Series S and Xbox Series X consoles will launch on 10 November. The former will be priced at £249 (and $299), the latter at £449 ($499). Pre-orders for both will be available from 22 September.

The company was forced to announce its lower priced Xbox Series S machine on Tuesday after information was leaked on social media. The console will have less powerful specifications than the Xbox Series X but will offer next generation features such as fast load times, high frame rates and real-time ray-tracing.

On Wednesday Microsoft announced the Xbox Series X pricing on its Xbox Wire website. Both machines will be available via the company’s Xbox All Access scheme, which is to provide the machine and access to its monthly video game subscription service, Game Pass, for £28.99 a month over 24 months for Xbox Series X and £20.99 a month for 24 months for Xbox Series S. These deals will be available in the UK only through retailers Game and Smyths.

Microsoft also announced that membership of the Electronic Arts subscription service EA Play will be available at no extra cost to Game Pass subscribers, giving unlimited access to 60 EA titles including Fifa 20 and Titanfall 2.

Sony is yet to reveal the price or release date for its rival PlayStation 5 console, which is also launching this winter and will be similarly available in two iterations – one with a disc drive and one without. Nintendo is also rumoured to be revealing a successor to its Switch console.

Source link

Continue Reading
11 Comments

11 Comments

1. yeezy supply

September 30, 2020 at 1:36 pm

I wish to point out my love for your kind-heartedness for folks who need assistance with this particular niche. Your very own commitment to passing the message across turned out to be definitely advantageous and have surely made women like me to reach their targets. The invaluable recommendations entails this much a person like me and substantially more to my peers. Thanks a ton; from everyone of us.

2. curry 7 shoes

October 2, 2020 at 11:51 am

I want to point out my admiration for your generosity for all those that require guidance on your concern. Your special commitment to getting the message around had become rather significant and have always enabled men and women just like me to get to their aims. Your personal useful useful information can mean this much to me and additionally to my peers. Best wishes; from everyone of us.

3. cheap jordans

October 4, 2020 at 5:21 pm

I enjoy you because of your own effort on this web site. My aunt takes pleasure in carrying out research and it’s easy to see why. I know all regarding the compelling form you present valuable techniques via the web site and as well as encourage participation from people on this situation so our child is discovering a lot. Take pleasure in the rest of the year. You have been doing a great job.

4. cheap jordans

October 19, 2020 at 10:15 pm

I want to voice my love for your kind-heartedness giving support to all those that really need help with this content. Your real commitment to passing the message up and down had been astonishingly productive and has usually permitted guys much like me to attain their dreams. Your new useful information signifies this much to me and still more to my peers. Regards; from all of us.

5. lebron james shoes

October 22, 2020 at 2:14 am

I’m just commenting to make you know what a amazing discovery my friend’s daughter found browsing your webblog. She came to find such a lot of issues, including what it’s like to have an amazing helping character to let the mediocre ones with no trouble completely grasp a number of multifaceted topics. You really did more than people’s desires. Many thanks for distributing such warm and friendly, dependable, explanatory and even cool thoughts on this topic to Lizeth.

6. yeezy boost 350

October 24, 2020 at 7:45 pm

I want to show appreciation to the writer just for bailing me out of this particular matter. As a result of researching throughout the world-wide-web and finding suggestions which are not beneficial, I was thinking my entire life was done. Existing devoid of the approaches to the problems you’ve solved by means of your main website is a serious case, as well as the kind that could have in a negative way affected my entire career if I had not encountered your blog. Your primary mastery and kindness in taking care of every part was important. I don’t know what I would’ve done if I hadn’t encountered such a subject like this. I’m able to at this moment look forward to my future. Thanks for your time so much for the professional and sensible guide. I won’t think twice to propose your blog to anybody who desires counselling about this issue.

7. moncler outlet

October 27, 2020 at 4:17 pm

Needed to post you one very small observation to help say thanks a lot as before over the lovely basics you have documented at this time. It has been really incredibly generous of you to grant extensively all a few individuals would’ve marketed as an e book to generate some dough on their own, chiefly considering that you could possibly have tried it if you ever wanted. These guidelines likewise served to become great way to realize that the rest have the identical dreams like my very own to know the truth a great deal more in regard to this condition. I think there are millions of more enjoyable situations ahead for people who scan through your blog.

8. balenciaga sneakers

October 30, 2020 at 2:00 pm

A lot of thanks for your whole labor on this web page. My aunt really loves setting aside time for investigation and it is obvious why. I notice all concerning the lively method you deliver functional tips and tricks on your web blog and even increase contribution from the others on this point plus my girl is undoubtedly understanding a lot of things. Have fun with the remaining portion of the new year. You are always doing a splendid job.

9. goyard bags

November 2, 2020 at 12:24 pm

I precisely wished to say thanks again. I am not sure what I might have implemented in the absence of the entire aspects documented by you directly on that area. Completely was a distressing situation in my opinion, but being able to view this skilled avenue you dealt with it took me to jump for contentment. I’m just thankful for this service and even hope you know what an amazing job you are always putting in teaching many others by way of your web page. Most likely you have never met any of us.

10. hermes belt

November 5, 2020 at 5:01 am

I wish to show some appreciation to you for bailing me out of this particular challenge. Right after looking through the online world and obtaining solutions that were not pleasant, I was thinking my life was over. Existing without the strategies to the issues you’ve solved as a result of your short post is a serious case, and those that might have negatively damaged my entire career if I hadn’t come across the blog. Your main talents and kindness in taking care of all areas was tremendous. I don’t know what I would’ve done if I hadn’t come upon such a solution like this. I can at this point relish my future. Thanks for your time very much for your professional and result oriented help. I will not hesitate to suggest your blog to any person who should get care on this subject matter.

11. golden goose sneakers

November 8, 2020 at 8:16 am

Thanks so much for providing individuals with such a special opportunity to read in detail from this web site. It’s usually very amazing and as well , jam-packed with a great time for me and my office colleagues to visit your site minimum thrice in 7 days to read the latest issues you have. And indeed, I am just always astounded concerning the tremendous tips and hints you serve. Certain 2 tips in this article are truly the simplest we have all ever had.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Technology

Best quarter in the history of the smartphone

Published

on

By

Apple reported blowout earnings on Wednesday. Even during a global pandemic, every single product line was up, leading to the company’s first quarter with over $100 billion in sales.

But Apple is still best known for the iPhone, which accounted for nearly 59% of the company’s revenue during the holiday quarter. The iPhone is booming, too: Sales were up 17% year-over-year to a whopping $65.6 billion in a single quarter. That’s a big improvement from last year’s holiday quarter, when sales were up only 7.6% from the year ago.

Apple doesn’t provide unit sales for its products anymore, but according to an estimate from research firm IDC, Apple shipped 90.1 million phones during the quarter. That’s the largest number in any single quarter since IDC started tracking smartphones, analyst Francisco Jeronimo said.

Apple’s dominant quarter is adding fuel to the so-called “super cycle” investor thesis, where must-have updates combine with the natural customer upgrade cycle to drive a spike in sales growth. Analysts saw this year’s iPhone 12 models as a good candidate for a super-cycle because they sported a new design and added 5G, which enables the devices to connect to faster wireless networks.

In a note on Wednesday, Wedbush analyst Dan Ives predicted that the current cycle “should eclipse the previous iPhone record set in FY15, an achievement for the ages in our opinion.”

Apple CEO Tim Cook also said in an interview with CNBC that the company’s iPhone results could have been better if not for store closures caused by the ongoing pandemic.

“Taking the stores out of the equation, particularly for iPhones and wearables, there’s a drag on sales,” Cook told CNBC’s Josh Lipton.

In a conference call with analysts, Cook said that the new iPhones were not only getting current iPhone users to open up their wallets and upgrade, but also convincing people who had previously used competitor phones to get their first iPhone.

“Looking at the iPhone 12 family, we saw both switchers and upgraders increase on a year over year basis. And in fact, we saw the largest number of upgraders, that we’ve ever seen in a quarter,” Cook said.

5G remains a potential tailwind for iPhone sales through the rest of the year, Apple signaled on Wednesday. Cook said that while 5G in China was well established, leading to strong iPhone sales, 5G cellular networks in other regions aren’t as built-out yet, especially in Europe.

“I think most of that growth is probably in front of us there as well,” Cook said.

Source link

Continue Reading

Technology

Elon Musk explains how self-driving robotaxis justify Tesla valuation

Published

on

By

Elon Musk, founder of SpaceX and chief executive officer of Tesla Inc., arrives at the Axel Springer Award ceremony in Berlin, Germany, on Tuesday, Dec. 1, 2020.

Johannessen-Koppitz | Bloomberg | Getty Images

Don’t count Elon Musk among the investors who think Tesla is overvalued, even with the stock up almost 700% in the past year and the company valued at 213 times projected 2021 earnings, according to FactSet.

In the car maker’s fourth-quarter earnings call on Wednesday, Tesla’s CEO said there is a “roadmap to potentially justify” its market cap, which has topped $800 billion, making it the fifth-most valuable U.S. company. Musk is now the world’s wealthiest person, with a net worth over $200 billion.

Musk’s valuation math goes like this: Assume the company soon reaches $50 billion to $60 billion in annual car sales (the company generated $9.31 billion in automotive revenue in Q4 and said that vehicle deliveries would increase an average of 50% a year going forward). As Tesla’s self-driving technology continues to improve, those vehicles will become self-driving robotaxis, allowing usage to go from 12 hours a week to 60 hours a week. Tesla could charge additional fees for those robotaxis, allowing the company to generate much more revenue per car. Basically, it would be like bringing software economics to the manufacturing-intensive car business.

Musk also announced that Tesla’s Full Self Driving package will be available on a subscription basis starting in Q1, rather than as a one-time $10,000 add-on, which will allow Tesla to begin adding recurring revenue as it works on improving its self-driving technology.

Even if usage only doubles, a $1 trillion valuation can make sense, according to Musk.

“If you made $50 billion worth of cars, it would be like having $50 billion of incremental profit, basically because it’s just software,” Musk said in the introductory part of the call. Based on that formula, Musk says a multiple of 20 times earnings would lead to $1 trillion in market cap — “and the company’s still in high-growth mode.”

Less than nine months ago, Musk had a very different perspective on the company’s valuation. In a tweet on May 1, he said “Tesla stock price is too high,” a comment that sent the shares down 10%. Since then, the company’s market cap has jumped by more than 450%.

It’s possible that investors are already presuming Tesla’s cars will eventually turn into revenue-generating robotaxis. But the company isn’t close to having those capabilities yet, and Musk has a history of over-promising when it comes to technological innovation.

For instance, when Tesla began to discuss self-driving technology in 2016, Musk said the company would complete a hands-free trip across the U.S. by late 2017. The company has yet to complete that mission.

Currently, Tesla’s Full Self Driving features include Smart Summon, which lets a driver call their Tesla to roll out from a parking spot to where they are standing, and Navigate on Autopilot, which can pilot the car from a highway on-ramp to an off-ramp, making necessary lane changes along the way.

But despite its name, the Full Self Driving package still requires drivers to keep their hands on the steering wheel and remain attentive at all times. A Munich court ruled last year that Tesla misled consumers on the abilities of its automated driving systems, and banned the company from including “full potential for autonomous driving” and “Autopilot inclusive” in its advertising materials.

While Tesla has missed many of its own projections for self-driving technology, Musk continues to insist that it’s coming. “I really do not see any obstacles here,” he told an analyst on the call who asked about the company’s progress.

Tesla shares fell 5.5% in extended trading on Wednesday after the company reported earnings that missed analysts’ estimates, even as revenue was better than expected.

WATCH: Tesla misses on earnings

Nominations are open for the 2021 CNBC Disruptor 50, a list of private start-ups using breakthrough technology to become the next generation of great public companies. Submit by Friday, Feb. 12, at 3 pm EST.

Source link

Continue Reading

Technology

Reddit group WallStreetBets behind massive GameStop, AMC run-ups goes private, invitation required

Published

on

By

Rafael Henrique | SOPA Images | LightRocket via Getty Images

“Wallstreetbets” Reddit chat room, where retail investors marshal against short sellers, went private on Wednesday evening, limiting access to outsiders.

“You must be invited to visit this community,” the page now states. The forum’s members topped three million as of Wednesday. The community gathered an army of rookie day traders who go after heavily shorted stocks, pushing share prices higher and squeezing out short-selling hedge funds.

GameStop, a popular target in “wallstreetbets,” saw its shares soaring more than 400% this week alone. The brick-and-mortar video game retailer has skyrocketed a whopping 1,700% as retail traders continued to encourage each other to pile on.

AMC Entertainment, another hot topic in the chat room, surged more than 300% Wednesday alone, experiencing its highest volume ever.

A Reddit spokesperson said “wallstreetbets” moderators set the community to private.

“Reddit’s site-wide policies prohibit posting illegal content or soliciting or facilitating illegal transaction,” the spokesperson said. “We will review and cooperate with valid law enforcement investigations or actions as needed.”

Social platform Discord banned the “wallstreetbets” chat room on Wednesday.

“The WallStreetBets server has been on our Trust & Safety team’s radar for some time due to occasional content that violates our Community Guidelines, including hate speech, glorifying violence, and spreading misinformation,” a Discord spokesperson said in a statement.

“Over the past few months, we have issued multiple warnings to the server admin.Today, we decided to remove the server and its owner from Discord for continuing to allow hateful and discriminatory content after repeated warnings,” the spokesperson added.

This is breaking news. Please check back for updates.

Subscribe to CNBC PRO for exclusive insights and analysis, and live business day programming from around the world.

Source link