Connect with us

Sports

KKR batsman Rahul Tripathi reprimanded for breach of IPL Code of Conduct | Cricket News

Published

on

ABU DHABI: Kolkata Knight Riders batsman Rahul Tripathi was reprimanded for breaching Indian Premier League’s (IPL) Code of Conduct during his side’s match against Sunrisers Hyderabad on Sunday.
Tripathi admitted to the Level 1 offence 2.3 of the Code of Conduct, the IPL said in a statement. The IPL did not, however, furnish the nature of the offence.
For Level 1 breaches of the Code of Conduct, the Match Referee’s decision is final and binding.
KKR won the match via Super Over after the scores were tied at the end of the regulation 20 overs.


Source link

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Sports

KKR vs RCB: I don’t think a lot of people have belief in RCB, says Virat Kohli | Cricket News

Published

on

By

ABU DHABI: After gaining a comprehensive eight-wicket win over Kolkata Knight Riders, Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB) skipper Virat Kohli said that many people do not have faith in the side’s abilities but all players do have the desired confidence.
SCORECARD | POINTS TABLE | FIXTURES
RCB chased down a total of 85 with eight wickets in hand and 39 balls to spare. Devdutt Padikkal and Gurkeerat Singh Mann played knocks of 25 and 21 respectively as RCB gained victory in the 14th over.
With this win, RCB has gone to the second position in the points table with 14 points from 10 matches while KKR is at the fourth spot with 10 points. Earlier in the match, Siraj had taken three wickets to put KKR on the backfoot.
“It was a late call to be honest to give Siraj the new ball. Was thinking of giving it to Washington Sundar. I obviously have thought about the things we can do on the field. Management has brought in a proper culture. We have plan A, we have plan B, and people are executing it that’s why it’s looking good. Don’t think lot of people have belief in RCB. Guys in the changeroom do and that’s all that matters,” Kohli said.

“You can have the best players in the world but if you don’t have the belief it’s no good. Morris is loving the responsibility. He likes to be in a leadership role in the team. Even against Kings, he tried to york Gayle. His energy is amazing. A great, great addition to our squad. Last year he had a tough year. Lot of people went hard at him. But he worked hard. He’s seeing the result now and we want him to continue,” he added.

Earlier, spectacular bowling performance by Mohammed Siraj and Yuzvendra Chahal restricted Kolkata Knight Riders at 84/8 in the allotted twenty overs.
Morgan played a knock of 30 runs and he was the top-scorer for KKR in the match against RCB.
For RCB, Siraj returned with the figures of 3-8 while Chahal clinched two wickets.



Source link

Continue Reading

Sports

Indian Super League: Clubs left with too little time to prepare for Indian Super League | Football News

Published

on

By

PANAJI: SC East Bengal had little time to put their team together and will now have just three weeks of pre-season training to prepare for this edition of the Indian Super League (ISL), which kicks off on November 20. East Bengal, fortunately, have all their foreign players and coach Robbie Fowler in Goa at the moment, and the new entrants should be able to kickstart training next week. Others are not so lucky.
Chennaiyin FC, for example, are awaiting the arrival of five of their seven foreign players, while coach Csaba Laszlo got his visa stamped only on Tuesday. Along with the rest of the foreign players, he should be in Goa later this week.
Odisha FC are also waiting for their coach Stuart Baxter. Assuming both coaches land here later this week, their 14-day mandatory quarantine period means they may not even have a fortnight to put their thoughts into action. Significantly, both are new to India.
“Football-wise, we all know this is not an ideal scenario and that we need more time for pre-season. But we are also cognizant of the fact that a lot of things are beyond the control of everyone, including the League. If our coach was from Spain, he would have been here. It affects (us) but it’s nobody’s fault. Some will benefit, some will lose; that’s how it will be. We are just grateful that the league is happening,” said Abhik Chatterjee, director of football operations at Odisha FC.
This is an unusual season. In times of Covid-19 and quarantine protocols, teams have struggled to put their best foot forward. Till the time of filing this report, only four teams – ATK Mohun Bagan, FC Goa, Hyderabad FC and SC East Bengal – had their full contingent of signed foreign players in Goa.
Even FC Goa, who are based here and brought in their domestic players before anyone else, have been hampered.
FC Goa first had issues with their team hotel and had to shift to another one on the outskirts of the city. When they returned to the hotel, which will be their home for the next five months, training had to stop due to the mandatory seven-day quarantine. Hyderabad FC have seen Covid-19 positive cases in their team hotel, while Mumbai City haven’t had the best of starts after being forced to stop training for two days since rain battered their training ground at Nagoa.
ATK Mohun Bagan were the first team to kick off full training sessions. Coach Antonio Habas is the first, and till now the only, chief coach to take charge of training session. Not everything, though, has been to his liking. ATK Mohun Bagan are one of the three teams who have floodlights available for training, but when the club last checked, lights were not working.


Source link

Continue Reading

Sports

Badminton: World junior badminton championships cancelled | Badminton News

Published

on

By

The BWF World Junior Championships 2020 scheduled to be held in Auckland, New Zealand, has been cancelled. Though the world federation did a commendable job by successfully conducting the Denmark Open BWF Super 750 last week, the junior world meet, which many thought can be held in a Covid-free country like New Zealand, has been cancelled.
BWF secretary general Thomas Lund said: “We are, of course, disappointed not to be able to stage the 2020 version of the BWF World Junior Championships, but the entry restrictions in place and complexities related to the Covid-19 situation make it impossible for the event to be planned and therefore hosted in New Zealand in January 2021 as currently scheduled.”
As the hosts for 2021, 2022 and 2023 world junior championships were already awarded by the BWF Council in 2018, the world body has allotted the 2024 championships to Badminton New Zealand.
“We would like to thank Badminton New Zealand, tournament organisers, its partners ATEED and the New Zealand Government for their enthusiasm and commitment to staging the World Junior Championships,” said Lund, adding that BWF decided to award the 2024 event to New Zealand.
“It only seems fair recognition of their efforts to stage these championships that we award them the 2024 edition. We appreciate that some junior players will turn 19 years old in 2021 and unfortunately miss out on a BWF World Junior Championships experience. We can only encourage them to continue to develop their talent as badminton athletes and start to enter open international events,” he added.
Lund hoped that international calendar would be more consistent next year.
“It has been a difficult and an extraordinary year during the pandemic but we all look forward to a more consistent junior international badminton calendar in 2021 and the next BWF World Junior Championships in China in October 2021,” the secretary general said.


Source link

Continue Reading

Breaking News

Shares