Connect with us

Auto

Battery operated vehicles exempted from registration fee in Delhi

Published

on

The Delhi government has exempted all battery operated vehicles from registration fee under its electric vehicle policy, Transport Minister Kailash Gahlot said on Friday.

Earlier this week, the government had waived road tax on all electric vehicles.

“Congrats again, Delhi! Next in list of breakthrough incentives promised by CM @ArvindKejriwal, Delhi govt exempts Registration fee on Battery Operated Vehicles. Delhi leads again, the EV way! ,” Gahlot said in a tweet.

Chief Minister Kejriwal had in August launched the Electric Vehicle Policy announcing incentives of up to Rs 1.5 lakh on the purchase of four-wheelers, Rs 30,000 on two-wheelers, auto-rickshaws, e-rickshaws and freight carriers, besides promising waiver of road tax and registration fee.


Source link

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Auto

Ford has nearly 190,000 reservations for upcoming Bronco SUV

Published

on

By

Ford Motor is approaching 190,000 reservations for its long-awaited Bronco SUV, which is expected to arrive in U.S. dealerships next spring.

The automaker added roughly 30,000-40,000 reservations for the vehicle during the third quarter, bringing total reservations to “nearly 190,000” vehicles, according to Ford CFO John Lawler. The company said it had more than 150,000 reservations in July.

“We continue to see strong demand for the Bronco,” he said during a media briefing Wednesday to discuss the company’s third-quarter earnings. “We continue to see interest, strong interest, around the Bronco.”

Those reservations are for two- and four-door Bronco models. They exclude a smaller, more domesticated vehicle called the Bronco Sport that’s built more like a car than a truck.

The 2021 Bronco two- and four-door models are expected to arrive in dealerships spring 2021.

Ford

Ford unveiled the new Bronco and Bronco Sport on July 13 to great fanfare, also opening up reservations. The nameplate developed a strong fan base following the original two-door SUV being discontinued in 1996.

A limited “First Edition” Bronco model — starting at $60,800 — sold out quickly after the vehicle’s unveiling. The company doubled availability of the model to 7,000 units. All have been reserved, Ford said.

Ford is taking $100 refundable deposits as part of the reservation process.

The Bronco Sport is expected to begin arriving in dealerships by the end of this year, followed by the Bronco next spring.

The Bronco Sport will be produced at the automaker’s factory in Hermosillo Sonora, Mexico. The Bronco will be produced at a plant in Michigan.


Source link

Continue Reading

Auto

Ford (F) earnings Q3 2020

Published

on

By

Incoming Ford CEO Jim Farley (left) and Ford Executive Chairman Bill Ford Jr. pose with a 2021 F-150 during an event Sept. 17, 2020 at the company’s Michigan plant that produces the pickup.

Michael Wayland / CNBC

Ford Motor is expected to eek out a modest profit for the third quarter when it reports its earnings after the markets close Wednesday as the auto industry continues to recover from factory and showroom shutdowns earlier this year.

Here’s what Wall Street is expecting, based on average analysts’ estimates compiled by Refinitive.

  • Adjusted EPS: 19 cents
  • Automotive revenue: $33.51 billion

Former Ford CFO Tim Stone, who left the company earlier this month, told investors in July that the automaker expected earnings on an adjusted pretax basis of between $500 million and $1.5 billion during the third quarter. That would be down from $1.8 billion in the third quarter of 2019.

Stone said the decline reflects the economic impact of the coronavirus pandemic, lower profit from Ford Credit, and weaker global demand for new vehicles, parts and services.

Analysts and investors are watching to see if Ford will be able to outperform its previous projections as it did during the second quarter after consumer demand in the U.S. was stronger than anticipated, especially for trucks such as the Ford F-150.

Wall Street also is watching for any additional business changes by Ford CEO Jim Farley, who succeeded Jim Hackett effective Oct. 1, and any updates on the company paying off its increased debt due to the pandemic.

In July, Ford repaid $7.7 billion of an outstanding $15.4 billion on its revolving credit facilities, and also extended $4.8 billion of its three-year revolving credit lines.

Ford’s shares remain down by 17% so far this year, despite an almost 15% increase in the stock price in October.


Source link

Continue Reading

Auto

Tata Motors sees better second half even as it prepares for hard Brexit

Published

on

By

BENGALURU – India’s Tata Motors Ltd forecast a stronger second half on Tuesday as sales of its Jaguar Land Rover (JLR) vehicles improved in key markets even as it continued to grapple with the COVID-19 pandemic and uncertainties over a hard Brexit.

The global health crisis has hammered sales for automakers worldwide and compounded problems for the company’s luxury unit, which, like most companies, will have to face a wall of bureaucracy as Britain casts off from the European Union from Jan. 1.

Tata Motors said while it was prepared for any friction at the border, it hoped for clarity on Brexit to avoid supply chain disruptions and better manage its inventory.

“In the situation of a hard Brexit, we expect to see tariffs definitely come through but we also expect depreciation of the pound, and so the net impact needs to be seen,” Chief Financial Officer PB Balaji told reporters after Tata Motors posted a quarterly loss.

While the automaker may need to correct its inventory level to an extent, it does not have any immediate plans to move production, Balaji said.

Tata Motors posted a consolidated net loss of 3.14 billion rupees ($42.47 million) for the second quarter ended Sept. 30, as retail sales at JLR, which accounts for a major portion of its profit, fell 12%.

Total revenue from operations fell 18% to 535.3 billion rupees, the carmaker said in a filing with the exchange.

The company said it had saved 600 million pounds ($782 million) during the quarter at JLR under Project Charge and was on track to achieve the full-year target of 2.5 billion pounds.


Source link

Continue Reading

Breaking News

Shares